RE: US DOD FIREBALL RELEASE

Ron -
    I'm curious.  Surely you know Gene's dead, died in car crash
Australia last year, and that his wife  Carolyn is still alive?
    I did not know that the AF released past  sensor data back in
1994.  When I met Harrison Scmitt yesterday at the Orbital
stockholders meeting, he told me that Gene had worked with air
pressure data trying to extract bollide events from them.  I don't
think that he ever knew about the AF's acoustic arrays.
     What I think is that the AF may change its mind about is
releasing data on historical events which were detected by its
sensors.  Certainly FOI is one  way of getting this, but I think it is
likely that the AF will release it on its own when the movies come out.
      Come to think of it, you guys out there at JPL have a pretty
good relationship with the AF.  Maybe you
could ask around for us?  [of course, we all like to
stay employed   : ) ]
                                  Best wishes -
                                     Ed