Re: Utah Tektites?

Good Afternoon:
I ran across a man from Pittsburgh Pa at the 1996 Denver gem and mineral
show who was promoting a Tektite/impactite from the Upheaval Dome Meteor
Fall.
At the 1997 Tucson show he was actually selling some of this stuff
carved in the shape of animals and balls(like gibeon).  He said new-age
people could "feel" the power of the stuff when they held it.  I bought
one of the balls because I must admit they looked cool--- kind of copper
colored.  The raw rock was grey/copper.
He said that the Upheaval Dome was from a Meteor Fall and this stuff was
found only in an area some distance away in what was once a lake.
Who knows for sure, this is just food for thought.
 Jim
--

Museum Quality Meteorites for sale:

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/8125