Re: Utah Tektites?

Julia:
I have seen glasses produced from nuclear blasts, and they "look" nothing
like tektites. Normally they are just fused sand from the area where the
explosion took place. Tektites, however, are almost pure SiO2 (Silica). I am
curious why there are color variations in tektites, such as lavender and
green.  Are the compostions different between localities?

Matt

--
Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites