Re: O'Keefe

Hello Michael, Martin, Matt, Steve, and list

To Michael:  Well-stated.   I was trying to think conceptually outside
of the realm of 'agreed upon' truth.   By definition anything that
challenges that is unpopular.   That tektites may be of lunar origin is
a thrilling possibity to ponder as well.

To others,
First , as I see it very little in this field, if anything, is 'mutually
exclusive'.    The tendency to think in this fashion is a major pet
peeve of mine, so I shall refrain .

With regard to being the result of nuclear testing or volcanic
activity,  it is precisely the 'reverse direction' possibility that
interests me.  I am trying to get a picture in my head of all possible
explanations for the aerodynamic quality of tektites.

I see very hot material flying upward (in both cases) and, given that
this matter is in a molten state and 'flying', could that not produce
it's aerodynamic qualities?  I thought it was worth consideration .

To Martin:
You stated, " Although he is  (O'Keefe)
in disagreement with most others about the origin of Tektites, his
science
and descriptive works are excellent."  I am sure I am reading your
statement incorrectly ( and admittedly, I have not read O'Keefe).   You
are not suggesting that his work is of lesser quality simply because it
is unpopular?

Best regards,
Julia