Re: O'Keefe

Hi all:
While tektites could be from the moon, this really does "beg the question". There are several reasons why tektites may not be from the moon.  Here is why (I think):

1. Impacts and volcanism on the moon ended shortly after its creation. If tektites were lunar ejecta, then why are they on the surface of the earth. Over 3 billion years have passed, they should have either been completely destroyed or metamorphosed.

2. Tektites would have to survive a journey through the earth's atmosphere. That is tough to do, unless the original tektites were HUGE (it's a possibility).

3. We have yet to find a tektite on the moon. Simple solution to the problem but no beans here.

4. Varities in tektites. Why are they so different from one locale to another? Someone please answer this (if it is possible).

Best Wishes,
Matt
--
Matt Morgan