Re: Tektite textures

Hi to all,

The tektite discussion is an interesting one and one I know little about. Some
of the information I have picked up and that has lead me to believe they are an
artifact from the Earth are these arguments below. Keep in mind that I will
consider anything that seems logical or makes sense.

The idea of the lunar origin was dropped primarily because of a lack of silica
on the moon and the lack of tektites found there.

Some moldivites found in czechoslovakia have material sampling Ryes (sp?)
Crater in Germany, suggesting it is the source of those tektites.

Air found in a number of tektites samples the Earths atmosphere or show a
signature that the gases trapped inside are from Earth. How did it get there?

No doubt these glasses have been through our atmosphere but do we really
understand the dynamics of how they are created? Could they be the result of a
double impact event on Earth?

Just another log for the fire.

--AL