Springfield Gem show!

All,

   Just got back form the Gem and mineral show in Springfield Mass.,  and what
a show~!!!   I've never seen so much meteorite in one place at one time.
Everything from Allende to Zagami in quantities and quality that is not to be
belived!   I've seen Esquel that's to die for,  sliced so thin you wouldn't
think it possible,  oriented Murchisons that weighed 100's of grams,  and moon
rocks of every flavor!   With all that meteorite you'ld think that would be
the hit of the show for me,  but it was the PEOPLE behind the meteorite that
stole the show.

   Contrary to what some people might think,  I have never met Michael Casper
in person.   I can tell you now though,  I have not only met him but he is one
of the most trusting and honest people I've met.   After only just meeting him
for the first time he invited me to play with literally Millons of dollars
worth of meteorite!,  and he really didnt give a hoot if I wasn't going to buy
them.    Cathi Casper is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet too.   Some
people that you meet you can tell right away that they have a big heart,
Cathi is one of these.     I wish her all the best with the new Natural
History Auction website.   (I have a secret I'll tell later)

  After spending some time playing with the Casper's meteorites,  I was asked
by Cathi if I had been to Haag's yet,  no I said, so she sent her son to
escort me to Haags table!

  Even after reading all of the stuff written about him,  I was still
unprepared for the man I met there.   Bob Haag is an unprentenious, upfront
guy.  A real down to earth man.   Im only sorry that I got to his table so
late in the show.  His storys about the quest for meteorite are the stuff of
legend,  and I stayed,  listened , and finally had to leave,  just as they
were closing the place up!    But not before taking some of his Pena Blanca
Springs, ans some Esquel off his hands.   Haag may be taking some time off
from meteorite,  as he, and his beautiful wife are expecting a baby soon.
Good luck to you both!

  I had met Steve Arnold last Wednesday.   He drove down to meet me in person
from quite a distance.  This was made even more special for the fact he had
driven 2000 miles in the last 2 days before,  and had just a nite to recover.
I was given a private showing of some of the rarest meteorite that can be
found from him,  and  that day will go down as one of my most memorable.
Steve was also at the show with his lovely wife Qynne.   I had chatted with
both Qynne, and Steve over the computer,  and It was  great to put faces to
the text we read.  I had such a good time talking with the Caspers and the
Arnolds.  I hope to be able to do this again soon!

 I also met my namesake Geoff Notkin.  Geoff and I are confused sometimes,
mostly because we both spell our name Geoff.    Geoff is really cool,  and I
just love being able to write the name Geoff as often as I can!    Geoff live
not far from me,  so we might just storm the Hayden in NYC together and cart
off the Willemette.  (anyone want a slice?)

 Oh,  I almost forgot,  the secret.....  Just as I was walking out of the show
as it was closing we noticed a commotion by Caspers table.  We walked by and
to my astonishment Michael had just aquired the Dag 400!    I got to see all
three lunar meteorites, Calcalong Creek,  Dag262, and Dag400,  in one place at
one time!!!  But thats not the secret.....I heard that the DAG400 meteorites
will be put up at auction!!   With the DAG 262,  DAG 400 ,  Portales,  and
incredible slices of Esquel coming soon,  Natural History Auction is going to
be the premier meteorite auction house in the world.  Check out the website
for yourself!

Well thats it for now,  it was a great show.  If any of you live in the
notheast it's worth the trip.   I would strongly recommend that you get there
tomorrow  8/9  it's open till 5 pm .

Regards
Geoff Cintron