Morning bolide in California

Hello list members,

A friend in Sacramento (California) just told me over the telephone
about a huge bolide seen by many commuters. It was all over their
morning newstalk radio.
A friend of his  at work told him about it. She saw it "around 5:30 am".
She was driving heading south and saw a huge meteor light the sky. "It
was orangish-yellow and broke up" about 30 deg.up. She was heading
towards Sacramento.
This is probably a classic retrograde object since it may have been
streaking in backwards, and since there are reports it broke up...
What are the chances of its survival? If the object was coming in at
near velocity from space, couldn't iron and nickel-iron survive as
possible magnetic dust?
For those outside of the area, I have the name of the station and the
phone number. Send me private mail and I'll give you the information.
Maybe others saw it from a different perspective. Any meteor reports for
that time? Where would you go on the Net to find out?
Can someone help? Thanks!

Randy Steiner

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: