Guess what

I know everyone is sick of me by now and I do have other things to which
to attend.   I shall remain quiet  for awhile (I hope) as I have, until
yesterday, on the issue of advertising  ( although annoyed by it) .
While some of you outline a moderate approach, this is idealistic, to
say the least, given the competitive nature of any marketplace.   While
there is a good chance the volume of ads will decrease as the Tuscon
convention progresses (I do understand everyone's enthusiasm for owning
an 'actual meteorite' and collecting many different varieties - I do the
same with houseplants, over-do is more like it)  there also may be a
floodgate effect.  I'm inclined to believe both will happen.  First
there will be a decrease, then competition will escalate the process if
unchecked by specific regulations -  individual discretion and common
sense , in my experience, could well be trampled over in pursuit of,
well, you know what.  Al Mitterling expressed the dynamics of pricing
yesterday .  I personally would like to see the prices kept down so that
these wonderful treasures are affordable to everyone and do not end up
being for the wealthy only.  Having said that, I realize that is in
direction opposition with those selling who would rather have higher
prices.  Your call Art. jj