CI Chondrites

To All,
     As I understand it, based on Frank Stoik's information, the hypothesis that CI Chondrites could have their origin in Mars contains contradictory evidence and one serious flaw:
     1.That CI Chondrites have been altered by water.
     2.That because they show evidence of having contained water, they must have been in  some Martian lake (or river as we now know).
3.  That there is no layering in the matrix.
4. Therefore, they cannot be sedimentary rocks.

I have two simplistic questions:
1.  In order for a rock to contain water, must it have been submerged underwater,  or could it contain water (or gases) by virtue of the fact it resides on a planet with water (and gases) in it's atmosphere?
2. Why must a Martian meteorite fit into the category of sedimentary in order for it to originate from the Red planet?
Based on the brecciations, could we  be looking at an entirely different animal.  Thanks for any help any of you might provide.  Regards, jj