CI Chondrites

Hi Frank,
I share Martin's appreciation for your input with regard to this subject especially in light of evidence (proof - NASA called it) of a previously large flowing river across Mars revealed on 2/2/98 by NASA in pictures taken by the Global Surveyor.  My first thought was that any brecciations, by their nature, must have been caused by abrupt displacement, if you will, of solid water  converted rapidly to liquid water due to impact or  collision that separated it from the parent.  But I'm not sure if  the speed at which this may  have occured in combination with the heat generated is consistent with the amount of mafic minerals vs. the amount of phyllosilicates with regard to different brecciations.  What do you think? Regards, jj.