[Fwd: Fernlea4]

Hello List,

Everyone one on AOL seems to be having trouble getting their messages
posted.   Accordingly, I am forwarding this at Rob's request.

-- BEGIN included message

<>

Hi Stuart,

Allende is certainly a wonderful addition to any collection, and it's
not too
expensive either...maybe around $5/g, or £3/g in our money, for some of
the
oldest material yet known. A 10-15g thin slice would probably be
representative of the matrix.

There's also a lot of old favourites that can be beautiful display
specimens
without breaking the bank. I've just rec'd a 3Kg Campo del Cielo in
Fridays
post.....it's been completely wire brushed but still has a good covering
of
thumbprints, and a couple of deep holes. I was going to cut it up but
it's far
too nice......and all for only 12 cents a gram including shipping! I'm
sure
that I'll get as much pleasure from this piece as I do from the Zagami
and
other "specials" in my collection.

It's probably best to grow your collection slowly, purchasing those
specimens
that appeal to YOU personally. With some other hobbies, there's usually
an
element of trying to compete with other enthusiasts for the best or most
unique piece but that doesn't seem to happen with meteorites, does it

Cheers!
Rob.

-- END included message