Re: Contraversy

Hello Michael, list members:
Just to add a little to Mike's post, I too received the e-mail from the guy who
sid thanks to God for the meteorites (and money).  I called him yesterday and
asked him how much his meteorites were. He said that a dealer told him not to
sell for UNDER 15/g.  This was for pieces upto 1500g, may be OK for a 25-50g
piece, but a kilo? Also, we seem to be beating this issue to death (as I am
doing so now), only time will tell about the current market.

To comment on the eucrite I offered at 85-100/g.  It was only a single,
super-fresh stone of  1400g, with the Amer. Museum holding about 600g, plus a
couple hundered more in other institutions. This leaves AT MOST 600g for
collectors. Now compare that to Portales with an estimated TKW of 70kg (that is
modest), and a preliminary H5 or 6 being sold to collectors for 25-30/g. I sold
the eucrite at 3 times that price but with 50 times LESS material!! Do your
math.

Yes, I offered 2-3/g for Portales to the farmers, at Blaine Reed's discretion
(he had most the cash), and we both felt it wasn't worth the 10/g that was
being paid. Do I have any? No. But time will tell.

Best regards,
Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites

--