Re: Vatican Collection

Martin swiftly wrote:
>...recycle the common but inaccurate stories about the Church's
position regarding Galileo's work...

I merely asked what Galileo might think about the Church and astronomy ,
I didn't relate any stories, inaccurate or otherwise.
  My point for bringing up Galileo is, opinions are not formed in a
vacuum, what may seem incongruous to one, may make perfect sense to
another.

Doug

PS)I have read the recommend works by Stillman Drake.