iron nuggets

Hello List
	I hope that someone out there can help me.  I am currently reading Charles
Frankel's Volcanoes of the Solar System.  On page 7 of the book he says
"Initially, the cosmic dust and debris accreted by a planet is a hodgepodge of
very diverse material: some is fluff of low density, rich in water, carbon, or
other volatiles; while other projectiles are dense nuggets of iron and nickel.
We can see this range of source material in the make-up of meteorites reaching
Earth today."
	My understanding of the current theories on planetary accretion is that iron-
nickel "nuggets" were formed by the destruction of differentiated bodies.  If
that is the case how can nuggets of iron nickel be available during the
initial accretion.  Or for that matter low density fluff.

Thanks.

Peter Scherff