"Mooned" Again !!!

Hello List and fellow lunar-tics:

Got mine too !! Blaine was terrific to do business with. I'm banking on
everyone's recommendations. This afternoon, I picked up the first half of
the "former" .132g piece from Blaine. Can't wait for the mailman to get it
here. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take off from work next week and wait
on the doorstep. Being a fairly new collector, this is a fine way to get
going on this MOST satisfying vocation. Now my wife KNOWS I'm crazy --
"Sorry hon, we're camping this year instead of goin' on that cruise".
(Really folks, she is really taking this well). This is my Christmas
present for the next 5 years!

My original interest is that of an amateur (a real amateur) astronomer --
to one degree or another for the last 35 years. Since becoming a bit more
serious on this topic in the last few years, as I could afford to, I've
always wanted to "specialize" (for lack of a better term) in a specific
area of astronomy. Deep sky objects ? Black holes ? Planetary ? (gettin'
warmer) -- pieces of planets and asteroids (warmer still); then it hit me
-- or I WISH one would hit me (as long as I was on MY property) --
Meteorites !! Yea, that's the ticket !!

It's been a pleasure "listening" to everyone talk over the list since I've
signed on to it. I've learned soooo much and am humbled by everyone's
knowledge. I hope not to embarrass myself too badly as I ask questions and
seek advice. Thank you all. But I do have one possibly silly question --
Some of you folks are fantastically creative (and lengthy at times) in your
correspondence -- Do you have day jobs ? (Just kiddin').

Warmest regards,

Jim Lamm
Treasurer, Calumet Astronomical Society
Check us out --