Re: FW: FW: "breccia"

Steven Excell schrieb:

> Since Americans have murdered the spelling and pronunciation of many
> German words and places (like Germany instead of Deutschland, Munich
> instead of München, and so forth), I vote that we let the Deutschen
> have the "k" in breccia!

Hello Steve, hello List!

You Americans need not feel uneasy about having murdered the spelling
and pronunciation of many German words and places (like Germany instead
of Deutschland) because our  G e r m a n i c  ancestors (yours and ours)
are to be blamed for the word "Germany".
BTW ... The word "Deutsch" and the word "Dutch" for people from the
Netherlands, are essentially identical - etymologically speaking.

Best wishes from rainy Southern Germany,

Bernd