Re: Monahans

At 09:03 PM 6/11/98 GMT, you wrote:

>Steve replies with:
>>The hole where the rock landed was on city property.  The surveyor stated that
>>it was off of the street, but about 5 feet from the property line in a sandy
>>imbankment.

   If one ever lands in the same area of my property you can bet it
magically moves to the middle of my yard! Close enough as the actual landing
spot no?!

>This confirms what I've heard.  Since the meteorite landed on city
>property, then the transfer of the meteorite to the boys would be considered
>as a gift from the City of Monahans.
>
>Ron Baalke

   I'm glad the boys "won", I think Monahans saw a PR disaster looming. Will
the boys keep a piece for themselve's? They really should, it won't happen
to them again! Do they actually realise the scope of what has occured? I
mean the fact that this "space rock" traveled a heck of a long ways to get
here?! Plus the fact that it landed very close to where they were playing?!
We all should be so lucky! I also hope they got a little education about
meteorites through all this too.

Regards,
Tom Randall