Re: MONAHANS, TEXAS METEORITE PURCHASE

Matt,
I'd say what makes this ordinary H5 chondrite special is the fact that
it has received so much publicity, similar to that of Peekskill, and
that, of course, makes it a hot item. You and I know that this is only a
manmade distiction and that it is one of the most common meteorites to
find its way to Earth. That said, maybe there is a uniqueness in those
blue halite crystals that further increase its desirability. After
distribution of material to research and museum interests there will
only be ~1/24th the material available to collectors as compared to
Peekskill, which sold well at $25/g. So is that really such a high price
to offer? The meteorite industry gets a burst of publicity and many new
potential collectors are turned on to the fact that "yes, you can own
pieces of the asteroids and planets!". Good for your business Matt and
insures my collection will not lose value. Only my humble opinions.
David