Arizona Fireball!

I have just returned from the area near Casa Grande Arizona where the
meteor possibly impacted. I searched from dawn until the burning heat
started producing  fusion crust on my head and I was forced to abandon
the hunt! This area is very sparsely settled, mostly large ( and I mean
LARGE) areas of farmland and scrub desert. I drove up and down the
canals hoping to see  fresh eucrites laying all over the dirt roads but
to no avail. I did speak with several eyewitnesses who heard the loud
sonic booms but no whistling. I do believe there are pieces on the
ground, but this is a large area where an organized search is necessary.
I think that some farm worker will stumble onto the meteorite or
meteorites in the fields soon if they are there.
Mike Farmer
http://www.concentric.net/~farmerm