[Fwd: fiction or reality]

I received this e-mail today, perhaps someone can help...
--
Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites

-- BEGIN included message

Dear meteorite collector:

I am a freelance screenwriter and director (a wife, 3 kids, lots of
debt), putting elements for a
story about the tribulations of a meteorite owner who knows nothing
about meteorites and the people who want to acquire hers (I have been
juggling with this story for 2 years).

A planetarium astronomer specialized in meteorites, and a private
collector are both very interested in acquiring the meteorite that fell
in Miranda's backyard.  The private collector offers more than the
institution.   The planetarium guy says her meteorite would benefit
science.  The two collectors have this burning passion for meteorites.
They both have "good and bad" human traits.  In other words, I am not
typifying good against evil, on the contrary, I am very interested in
the cosmic rock revealing human nature.  So, being broke, she wonders
who to sell it to.  She wants a kid, her clock is ticking, money she
does not have, and thinks she needs a good situation in order to have
her kid sent to the best schools and away from the bad neighborhoods.

If you met Miranda, and saw that she has a 2 kg Martian meteorite that
just fell on her car, what would you tell her in your attempt to acquire
it?

Also, do you know of any fiction written around the subject of
meteorites (and not meteors,
stories of destruction by large bodies)?

Also, perhaps you know of an anecdote, an adventure or even a legend
that is for you the most interesting, or fascinating or puzzling story
that has to do with the collection of meteorite?  Mind to share it?

Thanking you in advance,
--
Pierre-Alex Vachon   avachon@src-mtl.com
Réalisateur, émission "Branché" Radio-Canada

-- END included message