Vugs, vacuoles and voids

GENE ROBERTS WROTE
"A final thought: Albion and Gibeon are both IVA irons, but it does not
follow that they are the same meteorite. It does suggest that they come
from the same parent body or the same area of a parent body"

This is definitely a possibility.

"So, for fun, consider the following: first, what is the cause of the
extreme pressure found below the surface of a planetary-size body? (I
broadened the definition of "planetary-size" to include any body large
enough to differentiate.) Second, given the (or at least my) answer to
the first part of the experiment, what would be the pressure conditions
at or near the center of a differentiated body?"

The cause of the pressure is gravity.  And, no, I would not be willing to
stand in the very center of a planetary core to take a pressure reading.

Steve

Steven Excell
Seattle, WA 98102
E-Mail: excell@concentric.net