DaG 262 price is actually higher

Walter kindly wrote:
"Another fundamental tenet states that if something doesn't sell at a given
price, perhaps the price is too high and needs to come down.  We saw this
recently with the only two samples of moon rock available to private
collectors.  When a more reasonable price came along. collectors jumped."

Hi Walter and All,
Actually, there was lunar meteorite material available for $10,000 per gram
a while ago, rather than the $25,000 per gram price we are paying at the
moment. The change here is that the lower price was only available on a
piece of 15 grams ($150,000).  See the January 29 classified ad for DaG 262
at the Meteorite Exchange. I talked with the owner back in January or
February, about it and that is where my $10,000 per gram figure came from.

The big change, as I see it, with the current situation is that the
specimens of lunar material have been broken up into macro and microscopic
pieces in order to be more affordable to the average collector.  So in
reality, the price per gram of the lunar material has actually increased,
it is only the size of the specimens which as decreased.

Sincerely,

Martin