Promises, promises!

Hello List,

I made the promise that I would not mention anything on the list about the
Monahans meteorite, unless they were important and factual in nature, since my
public opinion polls were showing that too many of you were getting you
feelings hurt.

However, it seems, that even some of the people complaining, are now either
writing me in private or posting questions to the whole list, questions that
should be answered.  So I am doing my best to respond in private as I said I
would do, even though it means repeating myself with each email.

If you have a question for me, please do the list a courtesy and keep it off
the list!  You are hurting peoples feelings, not to mention their delete
buttons!!!!  I would really hate to see someone start crying here.

I have had a business emergency that requires me to fly to Phoenix and Tucson
this morning, but I expect to be back to Tulsa tomorrow.  So if you need to
ask me something, please do, but there will be a delay in the responding.

I hope by Wednesday night I will have the details ironed out as to the
disposition of the Monahans (b) meteorite, and I hope to be able to give you
all another "factual" post explaining all this to you then.

Steve