Re: Anyone interested in a piece of the Peekskill Meteorite Car?

>You were NOT merely asking a question...yours was an implicit allegation;
>your premise was that if the fragment was real--a theft occurred.

I was merely asking the individual to clarify his claim that the
piece of plastic really came from the Peekskill car, and to ensure
there was no theft involved.  These are perfectly valid
and pertitent questions to ask, particularly with the number of scams
that have propogated on the Internet.  The original post said his father
"collected it at the scene shortly after the car was hit", and
no other details are provided.

>I did not recognize his name and it seemed most inhospitable to
>blast this man out of the water without just cause--

We have an individual, whom you or I never heard of, who out of the blue
is offering pieces of the Peekskill car nearly six years after the fact.
Asking questions about where and how he obtained the pieces are most
definitely in order.

>more specifically, as a
>result of your lack of information...(information which I subsequently
>provided).

Exactly.  I was in fact asking for additional information.
I would like to hear comments from Daniel Garson, who has yet to respond.

Ron Baalke