Re: Anyone interested in a piece of the Peekskill Meteorite Car?

>Marlin Cilz, who bought the meteorite &
>car in partnership with Ray Meyer, had contacted me shortly after
>the Peekskill fall, and we've talked about the fall in great length.

Forgive me, Marlin never bought the car--with or without Ray. The
individual who made the purchase from Michelle Knapp was one Iris Lang on
behalf of her husband. (And incidentally, there was a third partner in the
initial Peekskill purchase.)

>I was asking the questions on everyone's minds, and no offense was
>intended.

You were NOT merely asking a question...yours was an implicit allegation;
your premise was that if the fragment was real--a theft occurred.

And then there is the matter of your ability to channel the "questions on
everyone's minds."  Sorry, but I suspect there were subscribers who did not
make the leap to a theft a quickly as you.  (These were YOUR questions and
just accept responsibility for them.  Jeez.)

>It would of helped if you mentioned permission was obtained from the car owner.

Excuse me, but I did not author the initial posting.  I only defended
someone who said he had a piece of the tail light--just after you went
after him.  I did not recognize his name and it seemed most inhospitable to
blast this man out of the water without just cause--more specifically, as a
result of your lack of information...(information which I subsequently
provided).

Sincerely-
Darryl