Re: Anyone interested in a piece of the Peekskill Meteorite Car?

>i find your inquisition, specifically, the glib demand to disprove the
>notion of a "theft" both inflammatory and offensive.

Hi Daryl,

I was asking the questions on everyone's minds, and no offense was
intended.

>obviously, you are not aware that there were fragments, as well as people,
>all over the place, and neither michelle knapp or her mom were at all
>concerned about the fragments of the shattered tail light. (i possess a
>score of such fragments which were recovered by ray meyer, compadre of
>Allan Lang, the current owner of the car.)

You're correct, and I was asking for further clarification on
how the pieces were collected.  It would of helped if you mentioned
permission was obtained from the car owner.
Marlin Cilz, who bought the meteorite &
car in partnership with Ray Meyer, had contacted me shortly after
the Peekskill fall, and we've talked about the fall in great length.
He never mentioned pieces of the car was collected by other people,
hence my questions.
Marlin has provided me several photos of the meteorite
and car, and I have my own personal photos of the car taken at the
1993 Tucson Show.

Ron Baalke