Welcome Mr. "Newbie"

STUARTATK@aol.com schrieb:

> Hi List,
>
> Having just joined the list over the weekend I think I qualify as one
> of the "newbies" referred to in a recent posting. I joined the list
> after coming across it on the Sky & Telescope site in the hope of
> meeting people who share my interest in and love of meteorites...

Hi Stu,

Welcome to the List. Don't take the Monahans or Peekskill thing too
serious. It is like in real life. Sometimes we are arguing, sometimes we
are quarreling, discussing and debating ... but you may be sure we are
all nice people and do not only 'like' meteorites - we even 'love' them.
During a recent, short stay in France, I soon missed the List because it
has become something like a family to me. And is there any family out
there where there is only love, joy, and happiness? These disputes add a
little spice and you will soon see how wonderfully all the participants
get along with each other as soon as 'everything is said and done' and
as soon as the dust settles there will again be 'meteoritical harmony'
:-)

Most of us also have a deep interest in astronomy and quite a lot of
other interesting natural phenomena. I am German and an amateur
astronomer too, have had a Sky&Tel subscription for over 20 years now (I
sometimes also read the British magazine 'Astronomy Now'). I have a
Celestron 8 with a C5 mounted piggyback and I also spent many hours at
my scope looking at the Syrte Major or the poles of Mars. Alexander
Seidel, another German, is also a dedicated amateur astronomer but he
won't be back for some days as he is in hospital. Then there is Dieter
Heinlein who does not only sell meteorites but also has a deep interest
in astronomy (especially meteor observing), etc...

I am sure I am not the only one who enjoyed your intro to the List. The
enthusiasm that can be felt when reading your words is an incentive to
everybody in the field. Welcome again and best wishes from rainy,
overcast (Southern) Germany!

Bernd