Newbie Initiation Rites

Hello Julia and List,

Julia has a great idea here...initiation rites for newbies to the List.

I propose that every newbie pass at least one of three possible rites of initiation:
(1) Go to the Antarctic and hunt for SNCs.  Once one is found, every member of the List receives a 1/1000 gram crumb of the specimen encased in a plexiglass cube.
(2) Or, as an alternative rite of initiation, the newbie may elect to argue at least one case of meteorite "finders keepers" before any city council or the Smithsonian.
(3) Or, as a final alternative, convince the sellers of the Emerald Meteorite to give up selling slag for premium prices before the authorities close in on them.

By mastering just one of these rites of initiation, we'll know that the newbie will fit right in with the discussions that occur on this list from time to time.

Just kidding Stu, welcome aboard.

Steve

Steven Excell
Seattle, WA 98102