Fw: Good sources for etching solution (nitol)?

Hello Bob and List,

Ward's Scientific sells concentrated nitric acid .  500 ml is smallest
quantity and costs $18.75   You will have to do your your mixing with 95%
(190 proof) ethanol.  Ward's can be reached at 1-800-962-2660.   Ward's
website is useless for product info.

Fisher Scientific also sells it.  They have an extensitve website catalog,
but the URL escapes me.

Because of federal hazardous materials rules, both companies want acid
orders on a letterhead (any company, institution, school, etc. will do) so
they are not technically selling to the general public.  If you have a
computer, you can make your own and fax in your order with a credit card.

Be careful to follow the instructions in either Norton's or Bagnall's books
(both have excellent instructions with all the necessary precautions).

Steve
Steven Excell
Seattle, Washington USA
E-Mail: excell@concentric.net