Newbies & poppy sniffers

Hooray for newbies and poppy sniffers!  I like this "parallel universe"!
Nice to be reminded why we're all here.

Welcome Stuart!  This list is a heck of a ride!  You are guaranteed to be
educated, amused, disgusted, frustrated, enlightened, and (hopefully) love
it all.  I can hardly say anything that hasn't been said already by one of
the many respondents to your post.  I've been a subscriber to the list for
over a year, and at this point I start getting withdrawal if I'm gone for a
couple days.  These people are really great.  Sometimes things get
antagonistic, but something thought provoking always seems to come from it.

I own a shop in Alaska that sells nature related items....basically all the
cool stuff that I like.  ; )  My brother gave me some great advice..."Find
something you'd do for free and figure out how to make money at it."   So I
did, and now I live in Alaska, buy lots of neat stuff and even manage to
sell some of it!  Meteorites are my true passion and take up a prime
location in my shop.  I figure the more I can sell, the more I can buy!

I LOVE selling meteorites to kids.  They are so awe-inspired and eager to
learn.  I find myself giving away little pieces of indochinites, or teeny
Gibeons just because I meet a kid who just NEEDS to have a meteorite but
can't afford it.

My love affair started when I was about 7, and my Dad plopped me inside the
Willamette meteorite at The American Museum of Natural History.  I felt
like "The Little Prince" on my own asteroid!

I loved reading about your collection, and the kids (and adults) it is
inspiring.  My husband lugged in a 70 pound Gibeon for my son's
show-and-tell a couple years ago, and the reaction was amazing.  They loved
it!  However, one boy said he heard that meteorites can give you "wierd
diseases"......we have a lot of work to do everyone!!

Well, I'm getting long-winded......
Welcome to the list and enjoy the ride!
Jeanne
"Man is the only animal for whom his own existence
is a problem he has to solve"    -Erich Fromm