Chondrule formation theories

Steve Excell and I have had some private discussions
which led to me marking up his research into Chondrule
Formation Theories and publishing it in my webspace.

He provided the source material to me by snail mail one
day a while ago, and I was so impressed with it that I urged him to
let me make it available on the web.

I then hounded him to add more details, a glossary, and some
excellent photos and we finally got a pretty decent article made on the web.

It isn't exactly finished yet, Steve wants to add some more
thin sections of chondrite types, but the text and most of the
illustrations are fairly complete and the article stands self-contained.

So if you want to look over an excellent overview of how chondrites
may have formed, check out

   http://www.arachnaut.org/meteor/chondrules.html >

Keep in mind that it will change slightly, and have more images
in the future.

Inside you will see the most amazing thin section of Allende
under polarized light. It looks 3 dimensional!.

Follow-Ups: References: