Re: Collectors

rob-

your assessment is on target.  perhaps the poor fellow about whom you spoke
feels encroached upon and is blathering from the fortified bowels of his
ivory tower.

but then, he may be legitimately horrified by the thought of thousands of
unenlightened new collectors who will, in fact, deprive us all by failing
to make their specimens available to researchers.

of course, maybe it's only in the glare of the media that he rails on about
abominable meteorite collectors, yet when the media's lights go down it's
"so, rob...come across anything new for me?"

the researchers with whom i feel the closest kinship are this third
type--the fully functioning in a complex world.

everyone have a good weekend.
darryl