Re: Collectors

In a message dated 19/06/98 21:08:30 BST, you write:

<< Hello Rob and List,

 Why don't you pass on Dr. X's real name to us?  He was not ashamed to go on
radio with his name.  I am personally going to be in England week after next,
maybe I can go talk to him personally and straighten his warped "holier than
thou" thinking out!   >>

Hi Steve, Darryl,Stuart & list!

I guess you're right!.......this was broadcast on BBC national radio, so I
don't suppose there's any need for me to hold back on exactly who made the
anti-collector comments.
My part of the interview was pre-recorded 2 weeks ago, Prof. Archie Roy of the
University of Glasgow's comments were probably recorded around the same time
and in response to my answers. Unfortunately, we didn't actually meet to
discuss further but I fully intend to write to him and defend the accusations.
I can only guess that he was speaking out of turn & maybe meteoritics isn't
his field, but his opinions were extremely dogmatic.
I can't honestly say that I was offended in any way, but if I claim to be an
expert in this field (which I'm not!) I'd like to think that I'd get my facts
straight before appearing before 7-8 million people!

If anyone would like an edited, WAV file of the relevant sections, let me
know.

Regards,
Rob.