Meteorwrong Crashes House in Nashville

Hello List,

I was told on Friday evening by a reporter following the roof smashing object
that fell one week ago in Nashville, TN, that the authorities at the
Smithsonian stated after examining the item: "We don't think it is a
meteorite."

Unfortunately, since the weekend was approaching, it will be at least Monday
before they will have a chance examine it further, so we will all have to wait
until then.

As I understand, after the weekend, researchers at the University of New
Mexico will also examine and report on the supposed new fall from the Portales
area.

I guess we will also have to wait until after the weekend to see if anything
new has shown up around Tucson as well.

Hey Bernd, look this one up:  How many meteorite falls have been recovered by
amateurs after 5pm and before 8am on weekdays or at anytime on a weekend?  And
how many have been recovered by government employees during normal business
hours?  Just curious.

Steve