Re: Optimality in the protonebulae and chondrule formation

I'm not sure I understand your posting, but let me try to
answer from what I understand to be true:

I think the self-sorting of chondrules occurred in response
to the shock waves (whatever they were - flares, turbulence,
Jupiter resonances, etc).

The shock way hits a bunch of chondrules and the lighter ones
are swept away quickly, while the larger ones with more
momentum fall behind a little. The result is a size-sorted
area of chondrules.