Re[2]: MetCAB?

     Geez, Gene, thanks for taking sides with my wife.  She says the same
     thing, "You're buying another meteorite?  If you want a meteorite, go
     out and find one"!  So, as a result, my small collection is more than
     half "self-found" (4 Gold Basin & 30+ sand-grained size Holbrooks)

     --Hey! Don't turn your nose up on my minuscule L6's. A handful of them
     are complete individuals. Through a microscope they look just like
     their big brothers and sisters.  I've tried to capture this on my web
     site--  http://members.tripod.com/~bolidechaser/trip4/holbrook.htm

     Think about what kind of prospect we will have as a collectors if in
     the future half of our collection is confined to "self-found"?
     Wait a minute, just because I find a meteorite, it doesn't necessarily
     make it mine.  Darn!

     But in my original post, bemoaning rising prices wasn't my main
     point.  I was amplifying on Gene's earlier post about "Response
     Strategy".  Not only to be more PR conscious, but to assure the
     underfunded institutions that we're just as interested that they
     continue to receive specimens.  Like us, they may have to "make do
     with smaller pieces".  Either that, or they work closer with the
     amateur collector/hunters and "search and search some more to find
     them".

     My concern is that the opposite appears to happening.

     Bob V.