Portales 1998.

Hello list, I have narrowly survived the hellhole of portales for the
third time in two weeks! I almost stepped on a 4 foot rattlesnake with a
very bad attitude! The heat stroke and rotting animals in the strewn
field also were pretty tough to deal with! With these difficulties
figured in, I will now have to charge a horrible amount for my Portales
pieces! (JOKE GUYS!). No, seriously, mike Cottingham is very serious,
this meteorite will be terribly expensive and VERY scarce! There are
only about 4 pieces thatare suitable for cutting to my knowledge. I will
be cutting a 1.5 kilo stone specimen next week and will have slices (BIG
$$$$$) and partslices (little bit less $$$$) available within a few
weeks. I must wait for the analysis first which is being done now at the
UofA by David Kring and by Adrian Beardsley at the UNM. This meteorite
will be extremely hard to come by once the few cut pieces sell out and
the larger pieces will be far too expensive for most collectors
unfortunately.
	I also purchased a 8.5 kilo NEW METEORITE (looks like possibly
an LL3?????? I HOPE anyway. And also I have returned with 14 ENTIRE
MASSES of Roosevelt County meteorites which I purchesed from the finder.
More info and specimens soon. Some are only 2 gram ENTIRE masses!
Anyway, I will start attempting to get my website in line and building a
Portales page with tons of photos tomorrow. Please call me if you want
any info that I can possibly provinde about Portales but as you all
know, I am swamped with emails tonight to answer them all so calling me
will get you faster results.
520 206 9153
Thanks
Mike Farmer