apologies

List members, I apologize for my rash reply to the inflamatory post by
our dearest friend and competitor, The Colonel. I was really put off by
his accusations and remarks which are unwarranted and unfounded like all
of his crap. Anyway, I am sorry for using harsh lanuage and will respond
with more discipline next time. I am thankfull that my work paid off and
that the other people who made the grueling trip were also rewarded. I
believe that no one has left empty handed. I had the oppurtunity to
rescue a 9 kilo new meteorite from rusting away on a farmers portch, to
get 14 main masses out of a closet and onto the market and university
collections, and to find the best meteorite I could have ever wished
for, a 342 gram perfect Portales, resting on a clump of grass after it's
 long journey and it's sudden collision with Earth. I am not doing this
with dollar signs in my eyes, the hunt and detective work we all did to
narrow this thing down and recover pieces from the ground is worth every
second of it. Those of us who were there worked together and seperate
and we all had fun and I learned alot sonce this was my first fall site
(not considering Monahans). This meteorite will simply help me get a
better start as a dealer. I have already donated some to the University
of Arizona, and have earmarked several pieces for museum trades versus
selling all of it. I want to ensure that some is in scientific hands.
I hope that we can all go together to some future fall and work as
friends instead of enemies and competitors.

Mike Farmer

TO UN-SUBSCRIBE: