Re: PORTALES BOYCOTT

WOW Colonel!!!!!!!

This is getting better than the X-Files.

Could the next post be from Mulder?  Or even better, the lovely
Scully?!?!?!?!

Give me a break!!!  Who repealed the law of supply and demand?
If you don't want it don't buy it.  Personally, I will wait until all
analysis is completed before I make an INTELLIGENT decision on whether
the price is justified (I haven't heard any firm quotes from anyone
yet).

I think the days of meteorite dealers being able to waltz into town and
buy meteorites from the finders for pennies on the dollar are over.  The
general public is becoming educated to the true value of these treasures
from heaven (just like stamps, coins, antiques, etc).  I suspect that
the final retail price of this meteorite will not be too much higher
than the field price.  Any dealer who can not cope with these changes
and operate on a smaller margin is doomed to failure.

I predict that the final outcome of Portales will be more palatable to
collectors than the Monahans fiasco(OF WHICH I WILL NOT BE A PURCHASER).
Time will tell.  I am willing to await the final outcome before I make a
Portales purchase decision.

TO UN-SUBSCRIBE: