The Infamous Meteoritecentral P***ing Contest

Well, since I was the first to return from Tucson and advertise
Sikhote-alin on the list, I thought I would put my two cents worth in
without slamming anyone.  THOSE OF YOU INTERESTED, PLEASE READ ON.
OTHERS MAY SKIP TO THE YOUR NEXT E-MAIL.
	First, the S/A that I bought in Tucson were purchased from the people
who go to the S/A mountains and gather them.  The last time I checked
the atlas, the S/A mountains are not in Austria.  However, there have
been alot of changes in Europe since the political climate has changed
in the USSR, so if I am wrong please let me know.
	Second, since I am a collector and not a dealer, I bought S/A specimens
that I would be happy in keeping if I was unsuccessful in selling any of
them.  This should tell you that quality was my only consideration.  Do
I have the cheapest S/A on the internet? Of course not.  Am I a making a
profit?  Of course I am.  I am a Certified Public Accountant not an
idiot.  One of the S/A that I sold to a member of this list was a 36
gram specimen for $180-.  That is not cheap.  But it was pristine, and I
did not realize it until I looked at it closer as I was preparing it for
shipment: IT WAS ALSO ORIENTED.  The E-mail reply to me after it was
received was --- "WOW, you didn't tell me it was oriented."
So, when was the last time you saw a S/A that small that was oriented,
at any price?  I should have kept it.
	You will see, on my web page, a 251gram S/A for $625- and a 259gram S/A
for $520-, both are sold.  Gee, that doesn't seem like normal pricing
does it?  But in my opinion, as a collector, not a dealer, the 251gram
specimen was worth far more than the 259 gram specimen.  Meteorites are
things of beauty and should be priced as things of beauty, not like
bushels of corn or any other commodity.
	I have collected a lot of things throughout my life: comic books,
antique toys, antique maps, antique furniture, cars, and etc.  When a
good deal comes along, I grab it.  It doesn't matter to me if it is 6
mint copies of Spiderman #1 or 10kg of pristine S/A meteorites.  I will
keep what I need for myself and sell the rest.  That is what most
collectors do.  It doesn't matter what you collect.
	I have received positive E-mail feedback from everyone that I have sold
to.
	I will state again for the record, I did not buy the S/A that I got in
Tucson from anyone who has posted to this list recently.
Thank you for your time---
Jim