Re: Dresden meteorite collection

Dear Mr. Schiff,
I have also done some little work on history of early meteoritics, so I
am highly interested in all concering E.F.F. Chladni. Please mail
me if the english Translation of "Eisenmassen.." (1794) is available. I
hope your translator didn´t trap in the Goethezeit-German like eg. UB
Marvin (Marvin 1996) sonetimes did. (e.g. merckwürdig = today: odd,
queer, crazy, at Goethezeit-German = notable-> So the Humboldt-sentence
: "Lesen Sie dieses merckwürdige Buch" does change his meaning totaly).
In my work I noticed that that there is gap on original sources on
Chladni which I hope you can close.
I hope to hear from you.
Wolfgang