Brief look at pallasites.

Pallasite meteorites are beautiful to say the least. They are
spectacular to look at when cut and polished, and make great center
piece. However little is written about them which makes it difficult to
appreciate them completely. I am writing just a list of characters to
think about, and will try to elaborate on each one later.

Pallasite properties, and characteristics:
1. There are two types of Pallasites: Main Group, and Eagle Station
trio.
2. Recently a new type was added the Pyroxene Pallasites
3. Main Group pallasites are related to IIIAB iron meteorites
4. Eagle Station trio are unmatched to any iron group.

The above are relationships observed. It is unclear(at least to this
author)if there is a true genetic implication or not. Since I am now
just getting into this subject, I am just a uninformed as some may be on
this list. However, I am pursuing this information in detail, and will
provide the list with updates as I go. Helpful comments are appreciated.

Reference:
 Scott, E.R.D. 1977 Pallasites- metal compositions, classification,
and relationshhips with iron meteorites. Geochimica Et
Cosmochimica Vol 41 p 349-360
Frank