Re: Emerald Meteorite Gets Shot down, but...

Dear Gene, and all othere interested in the Emerald meteorite...

  I have been in very close contact with both parties that claim that that
Emerald Meteorite is real, and others that have seen this material, and
commented on it. It seems that I was given more information on this Emerald
material that I originally cared to know about.
   Everyone, from NASA officials, to testing labs, to Government officials
have been involved in this matter.
   It seems that this material is nothing more than industaial slag. However,
I was sent sevaral pounds of this material, both whole stones and slices, and
thin slices.
I was asked by many officials to get rid of this material in my posession, as
it contains large amounts of Cadmium,, a toxic material! Upon first
examination, the sealed box, when opened contains a strong smell of
sulphur....similar to car battery fumes! I have not discarded the material as
of yet, but, it is at a safe distance from my surroundings, in a safe place..
for now...
   Lets face it.. even IF, by the remotest possibility, it WAS meteoric in
nature.. with the tonnage out there.... what could it possibly be worth?
  I've seen it, studied it, and checked it out as best I could.. I cannot see
it as anything other than a pretty-looking material. It would have been better
to present this material to rock hounds as an oddity, instead of trying to say
it is meteoric in nature.
   I will be having an upcomming article on this material in a near future
issue of my magazine, Voyage!. I have a lot of information that should be
reeleased to the meteorite community.

                                           John Walters - Editor / Voyage!
Magazine