Re: ALH84001

At 10:48 PM 3/10/98 +0000, Ron Baalke wrote:

>The Russians never signed any such treaties, so the sale of their
>lunar material was perfectly legal.  I think there is a US law >about
private individuals owning a piece of Apollo material...

It is indeed illegal for a private citizen, of any nationality, to own
Apollo material, as all such material is considered Federal property.

Small amounts of Apollo material presented as gifts by Nixon to a couple of
despots (that is, *allied* despots) has surfaced in the marketplace, but
woe to anyone who even thinks of trafficking in such specimens.

darryl