PETROLOGIC/PETROGRAPHIC GRADE 5

Frank wrote:

> The term  p e t r o l o g i c  is really a misnomer, as it implies a
> chemistry related identification.
> It really should be considered a  p e t r o g r a p h i c
> classification, as it is in terms of descriptive observation...

Hello Frank, hello Walter, hello List Members!

Thank you, Frank, for the clarifying statements. When the email arrived,
I was just busy appending the 145 newly classified Antarctic Meteorites
from AMN 21-1, 1998 (Antarctic Meteorite Newsletter) to my database. And
right there, on page 9, you can read: P E T R O G R A P H I C
DESCRIPTIONS.

Best wishes, Bernd