Re: "Terny"-Crater/ex USSR

Andrei Razvan schrieb:

> Bernd Pauli wrote:
> >

> > Dear List Members, Hello Mr. Czegka,
> >
> > My database METCAT has the following entry: Not very much but sth.
> > start with
> >
> > TERNY, USSR, Shock Metamorphosed Quartz
> >
> > A.A.Val'ter, V.V.Burmistrova and O.P. Sharkin, Shock- metamorphosed
> > quartz with a Fe-Cr-Ni metallic inclusion from the base of the Terny
>
> > astrobleme, Meteoritika, 1986, Issue 45, pp. 131 - 136: A minute
> > inclusion of composition Fe (0.810) Cr (0.185) Ni (0.005) has been
> found
> > in a clast of shock- metamorphosed quartz from a tagamite vein at
> the
> > base of the Terny astrobleme (Krivoy R.). The crystallites forming
> the
> > inclusion are estimated to be 0.0n micrometers in size, and are
> > isostructural with iron and chromium (a0 = 0.286 ± 0.001 mm). It is
> > proposed that the inclusions were captured as they condensed out of
> the
> > products of the shock vaporisation. However their composition is not
> > direct reflection of any relationship  with the elements in the
> > meteorite as was thought previously, but is ascribed to condensation
>
> > differentiation, as a result of which the composition of the
> inclusion
> > became near that of the eutectic in the Fe-Cr system (abs. in
> > Meteoritics, 1987, vol. 22, no.3, p. 295).
> >
> > Regards, Bernd
>
> Hello Bernd, Hello All,
>
>   There is a Terny, north of Krivoy Rog at 48.8 N, 33.32 E but there
> is
> no
> astrobleme listed there. The other place, Ternovka, Ukraine, location
> 48° 1'N, 33° 5'E is also in the Krivoy Rog district, near Tsanivyy
> village.
>
>                        Best Regards,  Andrei

Hello Andrei, hello List Members!

Andrei, nice to hear from you. I think you are just the right person to
shed some light on TERNY because you have better access to data
concerning this astrobleme.
I think we are getting closer to a solution:
a) Let's suppose it should be: 48° 01' N =>  So we have 1/60 = 0.016 x 8
= 0.13 ==> 48° 01' N (48.13)
b) 33° 05' E => 1/60 = 0.016 x 32 = 0.512 ==> 33° 05' ( 33.512)

Regards, Bernd