Re: Odessa/WD40/LPS-1

Rob asked:
"On the side of the can, it boasts "Silicone Free"....is this good or bad?"

The Mundrabilla pictured at the address below has been treated with a
silicon-rich lube spray (I forgot about that one).

http://www.meteorite.com/gallery/mh_mundrabi.jpg

I believe the specific treatment was with a Schwinn bicycle chain lube with
silicon and (if I remember correctly, it contained PTFE). Over time, the
silicon turned waxy and chunked up when the specimen was handled. Later, I
wiped the specimen off, and now, it looks like a dry, flat-colored iron.
Today, I see little difference between the pictured specimen and other
Mundrabilla individuals which I have not treated with anything.

Martin