Re: Monahans

I was curious about the a/b nomenclature Jeff wrote about so I did a little
quick research and I note that in all cases I can find, the a,b,c names
(Bluff, Wellman, Pampa, etc) are seemingly more pieces of the same picked up
at a later date.  All were finds not falls.  In some cases, subsequent finds
matched the original specimen(s). In some cases, certain "a" specimens were
called say, L6, and then subsequent "b" specimens were classified as L5, a
distinction often found only in the eye of the beholder.  Perhaps, in the case
of this meteorite, it could be called "Monahans (West)" (or East, or whatever)
to note the distinction.

Kevin Kichinka