Re: cometary shower going on NOW?

>>If the periodicity in comet showers is real, then I suspect the cause is
one we already know about, most likely the Sun's 32-million-year
epicyclic motion above and below the galactic plane. But what turns such
motion into periodic impacts on Earth remains a total mystery, and until
that vital link can be found all we have is an unconfirmed hunch.<<

Some food for thought, this is something I have wondered a time or two. When
the sun is oscillating through the galactic plane, with all of the ort cloud
following, it stands to reason that as the sun slows down and stops(so to
speak) and heads the other way due to gravity from the central galaxy, the ort
cloud (or a side of it) should continue on toward the sun. Even though the sun
is now heading up after traveling down or what have you, after this reversal in
galactic plane the sun and the ort cloud would be heading toward each other
causing perhaps enough of a gravity influence to draw a few (probably many)
nice size chunks into a colliding course toward the inner solar system before
the ort cloud would shift and start to follow the sun in the upward motion. A
sort of a shaking of the old apple tree. Of course some comets would probably
be ejected out of the solar system while making passes, other might hit
planetary targets (if they were in the way) while others might become periodic
comets. Could this be our Nemesis???

--AL